I'm a self-diagnosed bibliomaniac--a person who has an excessive fondness for acquiring and possessing books. I not only acquire them, though, I actually read them! As such, I face unique struggles specific to my affliction. What? You, too? Find out the severity of your bibliomaniac malady by seeing how many of the below apply to you, then let's compare war wounds.
1) Finding a man like the hero in your books takes patience.
2) You never seem to get enough sleep.
3) Avoiding spoilers makes you look crazy.
4) You can't bring yourself to get rid of old books.
5) Because of that fact, moving day looks like this:
6) Book hangovers are totally real.
7) And character deaths are brutal.
8) All books. No money.
9) "Dog-earing" a page always garner this reaction:
10) You have no bookshelf space left, and are in complete denial.
In the end, the struggles of being a bibliomaniac are totally worth the rewards of reading. Even if getting a new book makes you do this:
1 to 3 - SEASONAL READER:
You typically only read during a particular season. Maybe you’re the summer reader who enjoys reading by the pool. Or maybe you’re a wintertime reader who loves to snuggle up next to the fire with a novel.
4 to 6 - REGULAR READER:
You love to read and would do so more more often if you could. You have a few favorite authors and try to stay current with their new books.
7 to 9 - BIBLIOMANIAC:
You love books. You read books. You collect books. You devour books. You decorate your home with books. The worst part? Your friends never understand your literary references.
10 - YOU SHOULD PROBABLY OPEN YOUR OWN LIBRARY.
Need More Books?
Deeanne's TIFFANY GIRL was rated as a *MUST READ* by USA Today!